Visidian Connect not only provides an effective way to manage engineering drawings, it also manages a variety of documents that are generated by all disciplines in support of the product throughout its entire lifecycle. Items such as technical proposals, sales quotes, general quality documentation, declaration of design and performance, corrective action reports, qualification test procedures and reports, work center instructions, material safety datasheets, assembly instructions, design analyses, design guides, inspection reports, design review meeting notes, supplier quotes, process specifications, purchase part data, NC codes, travelers, routers, etc. are managed and indexed in relation to the product and its configuration.
- Unlimited Support Records – Any type of document used in your organization can be published and revision controlled in Visidian Connect.
- Intuitive User Interface – Familiar web-enabled application provides ease of use and fast learning for users.
- Support Records Security – To create, modify and/or access support records users must have the proper permissions given by the administrator. For example, you can create a support record called Assembly Instructions and give read/write permissions to manufacturing engineers but only give viewing permission to design engineers.
- Link Support Records to Product – Attach a support record to as many parts in the system as needed and when it is updated, all links will be updated. For example, you can create an assembly process specification (APS) that is used on all parts for a particular product family. When you roll the revision of the APS, you can ensure that all links are updated as well.
- Where Used – Easily search for a support document and identify the relationship it has with other items.
- Export Controlled – Ensure export compliance by flagging and restricting all documents that are export controlled.