The most difficult part in the product configuration management process is revising or making changes to part drawings and product documentation. The difficulties lie not in making document changes but in communicating the change throughout the rest of the organization. Visidian Connect provides users with real time part and document updates using status lights of red, yellow and green. Additionally, administrators can set up communication messages to alert those in the revision management process on the whereabouts of a change. Visidian Connect’s revision management feature also compliments the workflow feature for Pro and Enterprise editions to set tasks for change updates and approvals. Audit trails provide detailed information on the history of all changes. Visidian’s cloud-based systems allows companies to process geographically distant change requests and authorizations. Here are some additional details:
- Maximum Speed – Visidian Connect captures all changes in one system. No need to use manual ‘fast track’, ‘floor change’, ‘temporary change’, ’emergency change’, ‘red-line change’ to facilitate urgent changes. Change status appears instantaneously when someone looks up a part.
- Email Notifications – Emails are sent automatically to inform users of new tasks along the ECO workflow. Email distribution lists can be created for ECO release notifications or anywhere along the process.
- Change Effects – Add a part number into the change list and see how the item affects the designs of where it is used and tabularized.
- Document Change Links – If you change a support document that has multiple links to various parts, Visidian Connect will allow you to update the revisions of all of the connected links.
- Change History – Capture the entire history of a part and review the change notes at any time. Complete audit trail for all changes.
- ECO Document / Form – Basic and Pro additions allow companies to check-in and record existing engineering change order documents. The enterprise edition allows customers to create forms based on their existing ECO templates.